Nov 6, 2012

wild ride


Yeah, because that's how horses talk... 

So, I spent this weekend visiting friends (human and equine) that I haven't seen in a while and had a ridiculously fun time. :) We all went for a trail ride on Saturday afternoon, then later we played some games, had some drinks and a lot of laughs. Then there was Sunday - HO boy...  Got to ride Kirsten's amazing barrel racing horse, Slapshot, for the first time ever. Rode him bareback, no bridle - just halter and reins. Great horse. Lovely to ride. Unless he's bolting down forest trails... 

Though I made it through the woods without any major mishaps (except for sideswiping another horse and rider - sorry again!) - the pasture was another story... Heading up a giant hill, I think Slapshot and Calibur decided they wanted to race to the top. Off Slapshot went, barreling up the hill.  He won. I didn't. Instead, I had a rather rough and painful introduction to the ground, which required several shots of whiskey in my coffee afterward to soothe. It wasn't too terrible at the time, but has since resulted in a bruised and sore lower back, and some mean whiplash...

No comments:

Post a Comment